Friday, September 7, 2012

Plans with Two Moons

I don't keep it much of a secret that I love the band Dinosaur Jr. This drawing contains lyrics from the song "Plans" off their 2009 LP Farm. It is probably one of my favorite drawings I've ever done, and to be honest it probably took me the shortest amount of time to complete compared to the rest of my drawings. This drawing was probably made while listening to that song 4 or 5 times.

When I look at this drawing, it really makes me feel, once again, that stinging poignancy, the doom of overwhelming vastness;it makes me feel again the absolute realization of smallness next to that looming thing in the universe that was right above my head, all of the time, burning some relentless, unforgiving glowing light into my face.

And somehow, simultaneously, this drawing also has some serious peacefulness about it. I don't think I could ever sell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment